Monday, December 11, 2023

These 3

When I was a child,

I spake as a child,
I understood as a child,
I thought as a child:
but when I became a man, 
I put away childish things.

--Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
and have not LOVE,
I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

--And though I have the gift of prophecy,
and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge;
and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not LOVE, I am nothing.

--And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,
and though I give my body to be burned,
and have not LOVE, it profiteth me nothing.

LOVE suffereth long, and is kind;
LOVE envieth not;
LOVE vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

LOVE never faileth:
--but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;
--whether there be tongues, they shall cease;
--whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

And now abideth faith, hope, LOVE,
these three;

but the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:11,1- 5,8,13

No comments:

Post a Comment